They grow up fast, sometimes faster than you can save. Talk to one of our Infinex Investment Consultants today about setting up a college plan that is right for you. We offer access to both 529 Plans and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts. Both plans have tax advantages, including earnings free from federal tax on qualified withdrawals.
You also have control of where the funds are invested, from a single fund approach to a diversified fund approach. These funds can be used for tuition, books, and/or room and board. Paying for college is harder than ever. Help your child or grandchild reach their dreams by planning now.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a 529 college savings plan?
- Earnings in the account can grow free from federal tax on qualified withdrawals
- Qualified withdrawals for qualified higher education expenses are free from federal tax
- There are no income limits. You can contribute no matter how much you earn
- You can contribute up to $13,000 ($26,000 for married couples) each year without gift-tax consequences
- You maintain control of the assets
- You can open a 529 plan for anyone—your child, grandchild, spouse, or even yourself
- A 529 Plan offered by your home state may provide tax advantages unavailable with other 529 Plans. Consult your tax advisor.
What is a Coverdell Education Savings Account?
- Used to pay for qualified education expenses from kindergarten through high school and higher education
- Earnings grow tax deferred
- You can invest up to $2,000 per year
- You can change investment options as often as you wish
Is there Investment flexibility with both?
- You maintain control of the assets, decide when withdrawals will be made, and can roll over funds once every 12 months.
Can I change the beneficiary?
- Yes, both plans allow you to change the beneficiary at any time.
- Nonqualified withdrawals are penalized with ordinary income taxes and a 10% federal tax penalty on earnings.
Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. Member FINRA /SIPC. Eagle Investment Group is a subsidiary of Bank of Clarke County. Infinex is not affiliated with either entity. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.
This site is designed for U.S. residents only. The services offered within this site are available exclusively through our U.S. registered representatives. INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. U.S. registered representatives may only conduct business with residents of the states for which they are properly registered. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses associated with a 529 Plan carefully before investing. The issuer’s official statement contains this and other information about the investment. You can obtain an official statement from your financial representative. Read carefully before investing.