Terms and Conditions effective January 2023
This Agreement and Disclosure sets forth the terms and conditions concerning the use of our online banking services (collectively, the “Services”). In this agreement, the words "you" and "your" mean those who sign as applicants or any authorized user(s). The words "we", "us" and "our" mean Bank of Clarke. By using this service, you agree to all the terms of this agreement.
The Services for consumer clients utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to protect accounts as well as the transactions conducted over the Internet. Each User will be given a User ID and PASSWORD along with instructions for establishing an extra layer of security called Multi-Factor Authentication to access Online Banking. During your initial login, each User is required to change the temporary Password that was provided through secure email to a permanent one of their choosing. Passwords for online banking can be changed online at any time by the Customer. Password requirements are as follows
Use of the Services requires a computer or approved mobile device and Internet access connected through an Internet or mobile service provider and with a Web browser (for example, Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Internet Explorer).
To protect the confidentiality and security of your financial information, you must connect to the online banking site using an Internet browser that supports TLS 1.2 or higher. Use of the Services with lower than TLS 1.2 is strictly prohibited. To the extent you can access the Services using lower than TLS 1.2, we specifically disclaim all responsibility for losses resulting from your use of such lower encryption. We may change these requirements from time to time.
You agree to keep your User ID, password, and any other security or access information (collectively, "Access Information") confidential to prevent unauthorized access to your account(s) and to prevent unauthorized use of the Services. We recommend that you memorize your Access Information and do not write it down. Additionally, we recommend you change passwords regularly. You agree not to give or make available your access information to any unauthorized individual.
Support for online banking is available by calling (800) 650-8723 or emailing [email protected]. You may also visit any of our convenient branch locations during normal business hours.
8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, except holidays
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 pm Saturday
The following cutoff times pertain to specific online banking features. Transactions received after the cutoff time will be processed the following business day.
Internal Funds Transfers 6:00 pm EST
Incoming Wire Transfers 4:00 pm EST
Stop Payments 6:00 p.m. EST
All transactions completed through online banking are considered authorized by you and will be processed.
Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of your account(s). You must carefully examine your statement upon receipt.
Tell us immediately if you believe that an unauthorized transaction has been or may be made from your account(s); if you believe another person has improperly obtained your online password(s) or has transferred or may transfer money from your account(s) without authorization; or suspect fraudulent activity on your account(s).
You may call us at (800)650-8723, e-mail us at [email protected], write to us at: PO Box 391, Berryville VA 22611, or visit us at any one of our branches during business hours. Contacting us right away will help you reduce possible losses. Without timely notification, you could lose all the money in your account(s).
To the extent a transaction is an electronic fund transfer from a personal account (any account established by a natural person primarily for personal, family, or household purposes), the following rules apply: You can lose no more than $50 in connection with an unauthorized transfer resulting from the loss or theft of your Access Information if you notify us within two business days of learning of the loss or theft of your Access Information. However, you can lose as much as $500 in connection with an unauthorized transfer resulting from the loss or theft of your Access Information if you do not notify us within two business days of learning of the loss or theft of your Access Information and we can prove that we could have stopped the unauthorized transfer had we been notified. If you do not report unauthorized transactions that appear on any of your periodic statements within 60 days after such statements are mailed or electronically transmitted to you, you risk unlimited losses on transactions made after the 60-day period if we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use had we been notified within this 60-day period. If extenuating circumstances, such as a long trip or hospital stay, kept you from telling us, the time periods in this section may be extended.
Periodic Statement: You will receive a periodic account statement for your checking and/or savings account(s). Confirmation or Receipt: A confirmation or receipt will be displayed at the time you make a transfer, submit a bill payment, initiate cash management transactions, or submit instructions for wire transfers, stop payments or check orders. This confirmation or receipt may be printed and retained for your records.
OUR LIABILITY FOR INCOMPLETE TRANSACTIONS
If we do not complete transactions to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable if:
We may terminate this agreement if: a) you violate this agreement or any other agreement with us; b) we have reason to believe that there has been unauthorized use of your User ID or password; c) we have reason to believe that there has been unauthorized use of your account(s), or d) we notify you that we have cancelled or will cancel this agreement. You can terminate this agreement at any time by visiting any branch location or by calling, writing, or e-mailing us. Termination of this service will be effective on the first business day following receipt of your notice. We may terminate your online banking or related services, such as Bill Payment, after thirty (30) days of inactivity. The rights and responsibilities of the parties for transactions initiated prior to the termination of this agreement will not be affected.
You may place a stop payment order, subject to the rules and regulations of the Uniform Commercial Code or other laws. To stop a payment, call us at: (800)650-8723, write to us at: PO Box 391, Berryville VA 22611, or use the online banking stop payment service. Please provide the following information when you contact us: your account number, the submission date of the transaction, the name of the payee, and the amount of the payment. To be effective, we must receive the stop payment order in time to give us a reasonable opportunity to act on it, and before our stop payment cutoff time, as indicated. All stop payment orders are subject to our stop payment fee. Stop payment orders will expire after six (6) months. An existing stop payment order may be extended for an additional six (6) months.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS
Please study your account statement(s) carefully. In case of errors or questions about your online banking transactions, notify us as soon as possible if you think your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. You may call us at (540) 955-2510 or (800) 650-8723, e-mail us at [email protected], write to us at: Bank of Clarke, PO Box 391, Berryville VA 22611, or visit us at 2 East Main St., Berryville, VA. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. Please include the following information:
If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If the error occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to your account was made, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question, and we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. We will tell inform you of the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to your last known address on our records. Notices from you will be effective when received by us at the telephone number, the mailing address or e-mail address specified in this agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered, subject to notification periods required by law. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing your account and any future changes to those regulations.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, your use of the Services is at your own risk. The Bank of Clarke, nor any of their respective officers, directors, or employees, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Services is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, punitive, or other damages of any kind arising out of your access to or use of the Services, or the inability to access or use the Services, whether caused by us, our Service Providers, or such other parties, online service providers, any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing or any other party.
Without limiting the above, you agree you are solely liable for and will indemnify the Bank of Clarke where appropriate for any and all claims, losses, liability, damages, and/or demands (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or in any way connected to our honoring or following any and all electronic communications for which we have attempted to verify your identity as set forth above.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WHILE THE BANK OF CLARKE MAKES EVERY EFFORT TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE BANK OF CLARKE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (a) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, or (b) ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON, RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF, OR OTHER ASPECT OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE OR RELIABLE.
This Agreement is governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Virginia.
TRANSFERNOW (external transfer) TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated June 1, 2021
1. Introduction. This Terms of Service document (hereinafter "Agreement") is a contract between you and Bank of Clarke (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with each service that is described in the rest of this Agreement that applies to services you use from us, as applicable (each, a "Service") offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the "Site"). The Agreement consists of these General Terms for Each Service (referred to as "General Terms"), and each set of Terms that follows the General Terms that applies to the specific Service you are using from us. This Agreement applies to your use of the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered.
2. Service Providers. We are offering you the Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all the Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all the Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us. Service Provider and certain other capitalized terms are defined in a "Definitions" Section at the end of the General Terms. Other defined terms are also present at the end of each set of Terms that follow the General Terms, as applicable.
3. Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades, or enhancements.
4. Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send payments).
5. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
6. Notices to Us Regarding the Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Service must be sent by postal mail to: PO Box 391, Berryville VA 22611. We may also be reached at (540)955-2510 for questions and other purposes concerning the Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
7. Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Payment Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of payments) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
9. Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
11. Privacy of Others. If you receive information about another person through the Service, you agree to keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the Service.
12. Eligibility. The Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
13. Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:
Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited payments. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
14. Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all your activities related to your use of the Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
15. Payment Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. For certain Services, you may have the ability to log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf through the Service, and if your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic debit, a paper check drawn on the account of our Service Provider, or draft check drawn against your account.
16. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Payment Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains payments that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we will extend the time periods specified above to a reasonable period.
17. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting, or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
18. Failed or Returned Payment Instructions. In using the Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make payments for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Payment Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment), the Payment Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Payment Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
19. Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility, and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Service or by contacting customer care for the Service as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Payment Instructions or contact information.
a. Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
b. Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third-party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
21. Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. Any payment(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
22. Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
23. Intellectual Property. All other marks and logos related to the Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All rights, titles, and interests in and to the Service, the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
24. Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by, or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or a search result, your "click" may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not "frame" material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third-party sites to the Site.
25. Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 6 of the General Terms above. See also Section 16 of the General Terms above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
26. Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 26 of the General Terms are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
27. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
28. Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
29. Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of law’s provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 28 of the General Terms above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 28 of the General Terms of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
30. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Service.
31. Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
32. No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
33. Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
34. Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 28 AND 29 OF THE GENERAL TERMS ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
35. Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 2, 5-7, 11, 17, 18, 23, and 26-35 of the General Terms, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
1. Description of Service, Authorization and Processing.
2. Transfer Methods and Amounts. Section 15 of the General Terms (Payment Methods and Amounts) applies to the Service, even in circumstances where the External Account is closed, and we are attempting to return funds to such Account.
3. Transfer Cancellation Requests. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Service).
4. Stop Payment Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service pursuant to Section 22 of the General Terms. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
5. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the External Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the External Account; Section 18 of the General Terms should be interpreted as applying to the External Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
6. Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. As required by applicable law, we will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds.
7. Returned or Failed Transfers. In using the Service, you understand transfers may be returned or fail for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the External Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer. We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, failed, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer or use other reasonable efforts to return such transfer to you as permitted by law. In certain cases, we may require you to contact us or the financial institution for your External Account to initiate a request to receive such funds. You may receive notification from us.
"Account" means a checking, money market or savings account that is either an Eligible Transaction Account or External Account, as applicable.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, except that it shall be limited to a checking, money market or savings account that you hold with us.
"External Account" is your account at another financial institution (i) to which you are transferring funds from your Eligible Transaction Account; or (ii) from which you are transferring funds to your Eligible Transaction Account.
"Transfer Instruction" is a specific Payment Instruction (as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms) that you provide to the Service for a transfer of funds.